Sunday, January 15, 2012

7 View Points at Knox - A Hilly Run with P.A.C.E.

Today was kick-ass!  It was the first endurance training run with the Chuckanut 50k group on the PACE scene.  I was leading one of the 50k groups and our focus today was elevation.  So I told my athletes not to worry about distance and just focus on being out for 3hrs and to prepare to climb, climb and climb some more.

I wanted to make it as fun as I could so I choose a route that has 7 of the nicest view points (in my opinion) at Knox Mountain.  I also hoped that this route would bring enough variety to the route and that some people would be on trails they have never been on before.

We ended up covering 20k and approx. 3700 feet.  A solid first outing for this group of endurance athletes.  They kept me on my toes as I lead and the amazing company made the time breeze by!

I took photos at 6 of the 7 viewpoints... the photos do say it all. 

#1
#3
 
#4

#5

#6

No comments:

Post a Comment