Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mr. T's Triathlon

Sunday was a great day!  Carter had his first triathlon of the season in Vernon... and so did the remainder of the Ogopogo Triathlon Club Carter is part of and I coach with 4 other experienced and talented coaches :)

We had a slight set back on our way to Vernon, as there was a bad accident and we got stuck in traffic.  We weren't sure if we were going to make it in time.  Trent rode his bike from home out to Vernon and we met him there.  My Dad and Mary were there to support too...

Of course, it all worked out and all the kids had a great day!  The rain held off and we even had some sun.  Carter had a good race and said that the water was so cold it was choking him and he had to keep his head above the water.  He had a bad side stitch, but pushed through for a 6th place finish and more importantly - cookies, doughnuts and watermelon from our sponsors that day :)

It was a good family day and we hung out well into the afternoon in Vernon and then made our way home.  It was a great father's day too - although we did celebrate father's day the day prior by renting canoes and getting some practice on the lake before our trip to the Bowron Lakes!

As far as my training went on Sunday... it didn't.  I wanted to ride for a few hours or even just get out for 1hr on my feet, but I just elected to call it a family day.  To be honest, I was actually pretty tired from the weeks training.  10.5hrs of running, 80k and 12,000 feet.  It was a good week and had some hard back to back days in there.  Recognizing, however the fine line between moving on those days I am tired and resting... because in 8 days I am guaranteed to experience the days I don't want to move!

No comments:

Post a Comment