Wednesday, June 5, 2013

MAY IN A NUTSHELL

I think I am starting to sound like a broken record here... but where in the heck did May go!?  I can't believe how fast the year is flying by.

This month was a busy coaching month for me.  My husband and I coached a learn to ride clinic for Kelowna Cycle.  The youth triathlon kids team got going and I returned for my 4th year as a volunteer coach.  This year I have teamed up with another coach to take an older, more competitive stream of athletes.  Practices are Tues/Thursday.  Then on Wednesday and Saturday I coach my trail running clinic and this month we hunkered down as athletes geared up for the Sun Mountain race in Washington and the Dirty Feet race in Kelowna. 

Marking the time trial route in Dilworth for P.A.C.E.

I was planning on riding the Century Ride this year with my husband and son, as this was Carter's 3rd year in a row completing the 56km distance but I decided to spend the day with my Dad & Mary instead and the boys met me at my parents for dinner after the ride.

Boys out on a training ride

It was also busy month outside of training but so far my patience and gradual building has paid off as I feel strong and I am injury free.  Hoping to inch the stats up in June... 

Approx. Running Stats
Time:           38hrs
Distance:      280km
Ascent:       10,000m

I will finish off with a few photo highlights...

Mothers Day Hike at Carrot MTN in West Kelowna
 
Lakeshore Ride with Friends from Canmore, AB
 
R&R with a friend
 
Traditional Flower Shopping with My Mom on Mothers Day
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment