Friday, April 22, 2011

Rise & Shine

This morning I went out for a beautiful trail run with two of my closest friends.  We met at Karen's house and went out for about an hour on the trails behind the house.  It was such a beautiful morning and the sun was shining.  We kept the pace moderate and steady and talked the whole time.  It was one of my favorite runs this month... to be out with such good friends and feel so motivated by one another.

Both Erica and Karen are training for their first Ultra's this year.  I am honored to be coaching them and even more honored to get to train with them.  These two girls are amazing.  They are both successful professionals, mothers, wives and manage to balance their life with their passion to run.  Every time I am out with these two I always feel like I am capable of more than I think... sorry, who's coaching who after all?

Sarah sent me a totally positive and happy text this morning that she woke up and can see!  (laser eye surgery yesterday)  Another women who falls into the same category as Erica and Karen.  Super strong, positive and 'never give up' mentality totally rubs off on me in the best possible way.  I am so lucky to have Sarah as my Transalpine partner and more importantly... friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment