Monday, August 8, 2011

Udo's Oil - NEW Sponsor

I arrived at work last week and two huge boxes were sitting outside my office.  'Refridgerate' was posted all over the outside of the boxes and when I opened them up - they were filled with Udo's oil, cook books, research and information on the product and it's benefits.


A lady by the name of Jennifer Robertson joined the summer P.A.C.E. Sports Fitness Trail Running clinic.  She is a very energetic, positive, happy athlete who loves the outdoors and couldn't wait to moving out on the trails.  Just over 1/2 way through the clinic she approached me to see if I was potentially interested in sponsorship from Udo's Oil.  The first thing that popped into my head was the Chuckanut 50k this year.  Scott Jurek and Chrissy Moehl, who are both sponsored and use Udo's were at the race and Chrissy is the race director.  Well, we had samples in our race packages and Udos toques, along with similar information that was sent my way.  So I had recognized it but honestly, had not put much thought to it since Chuckanut.

As I have researched it more and now had just over 1 week to implement it into my meals I want to say how excited I am about it!  First off, it actually tastes pretty good.  I have tried it on it's own and will pour it over fresh fruit or veggies.  Actually, I pretty much add it to all my meals now as I really want to see if I can benefit the most from it.

Udo's Oil has omega 3, 6 & 9 giving me the good fats I need without adding the bad fat.  The website is great and the information is easy to read and understand:  http://www.oilthemachine.com/About-The-Oil.html  I am hoping that with the increase in mileage that I have added on my plate this year preparing for the TAR, that this will not only help keep my healthy, but also aid in recovery which is one of the key ingredients to success with a multi-day race.

So both Sarah and I are fortunate to benefit from this opportunity and are looking forward to providing our readers and my fellow PACE athletes with feedback as we train with less than 3 weeks leading into the race and during.

Thanks Jennifer and Udo's for the opportunity to be part of the Udo's experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment