Saturday, March 9, 2013

The Trials and Tribulations of Nutritional Supplements

I am always interested in what other athletes use for supplements, fueling, recovery etc... that helps with their overall well being and performance.  I realized, however, that I have never really written about what works for me.  So I decided to share some of my favorite products and just insert a link for those of you who want to do more research to see if these products are a good fit for you too.




I take Udos Oil 1 x to 2x's per day.  Typically in my shake, although I have used it in recipes or simply drizzled it on my food.  For more information on Udos Oil click here.

Udo's QH Plus which helps support cellular energy production, is an antioxidant to help reduce oxidative stress and it helps to maintain and support general cardiovascular health.

Salus Red Beet Souluble Crystals which helps support areas such as: liver function and cleansing, blood pressure and circulatory health, muscle performance and cardiovascular health during exercise and contains vitamin C and iron. 

I also really like some Hammer Nutrition products and have trained with these more consistently over the last 2 years.  Kelowna Cycle in Kelowna carries some of their products: 

Endurance Amino is ideal to use after all workouts and races.  Click HERE for more info on this product.


 
The most potent, legal way to enhance your training and improve your race results. Energy levels and endurance are greatly increased while recovery time after hard efforts and workouts is significantly reduced. Helps maintain a strong immune system and supports overall health and well-being.  Click HERE for more info.

Use prior to, during, and after workouts to satisfy the body's electrolyte requirements with maximum precision.  Click HERE for more information.
 
 
Reduce ammonia & reduce fatigue.  Click HERE for more information.



I eat 'real' food on my runs too, but I love honey stinger gels, chews and waffles too.  These can also be found at
Kelowna Cycle.

 
You can find these tasty training bars at our sponsor True Outdoors.  My husband actually got me going on these and I find they work so well at keeping my energy levels even and helps me feel "satisfied" without that 'full' feeling on my long runs.  Click HERE for more information.

I would love to hear if my readers use these products or what other products work, so please share your comments :)

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment